Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Who am I? Why am I here?

Starting a Blog feels incredibly self-indulgent and conceited. What makes me think that anyone would care to read anything I happen to write?

Also, how do you begin? I can't just start writing without some sort of preamble, some sort of motto or mission statement, can I?

I have decided to start this blog because:

1. I am inspired by those who have done this with great success (Hugh Hewitt).
2. I have shared links to other blogs and articles (along with my comments) to various friends for years. This would be a more efficient way to keep that information in one place.
3. I am challenging myself... to see if I have the discipline to maintain and grow this territory on the web.

There. That's why I'm here. Now I can get to writing without worrying about this stupid first post!

No comments: