Monday, November 07, 2005

Thanks, Dennis

One of the reasons I have been an avid listener of Dennis Pragers for over twenty years (yes, that's right, I used to listen to KABC's Religion On The Line, Sunday nights when I was 16!) is that Dennis, more than anyone else, can isolate an issue and explain it so clearly and convincingly that it defies rebuttle. He also has an uncanny knack of articulating an issue that I have internally been stewing over, but can't come up with the words to properly convey my thoughts on the subject. Such is the case with this brilliant article detailing the frustrations of debating with someone on the left. No matter the subject, one is immediately labeled "Anti-worker" or "Anti-woman" or "Anti-immigrant", etc. (Be sure to read the whole article, it was not possible to pull all of the great points out):
"The 'anti' arguments are effective. Conservatives have to spend half their time explaining that they are not bad people before they can be heard. But the Left has paid a great price. Because they have come to rely so heavily on one-word dismissals of their opponents, they have few arguments. "


Thank you, Dennis, for once again saying what I only think and have not been able to say myself.

No comments: