Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cindy Sheehan fallout and the danger of Hate e-mail.

I have been avoiding the Cindy Sheehan subject because, frankly, I'm uncomfortable confronting a parent who has lost a child. I don't know how I'd react given the overwhelming emotions that must be in involved with this.

But today something occurred that deserves attention. Michelle Malkin, who has been on this story like Gerber's Squash on my baby's face, began receiving vile and un-repeatable hate e-mail.
Click to her site to read them, she's posted some of the worst.

Well one of these braniacs sent the e-mail from his office computer. After Malkin posted it on her page, the company was swamped with complaints from Michelle's readers. Take a look at the response she got:

"Update, 1:50 pm eastern time: I have just received an e-mail and phone call from Gray L. Geddie of the L.A. office of Ogletree Deakins. Here's the e-mail...

Dear Ms. Malkin,

I am the Managing Shareholder of the law firm of Ogletree Deakins with offices located across the country. I was very disturbed to learn today that a legal secretary in our Los Angeles office sent you the vile e-mail referenced on your home page. Such remarks are clearly inappropriate in any context and an e-mail such as this certainly should not have been sent during working time using our firm's equipment. The comments of this employee are not reflective of the views or opinions of the firm and are directly in violation of our e-mail policy. As Managing Shareholder, I wanted to extend to you our apologies and let you know that this serious violation of our firm's work rules has resulted in the discharge of this employee.

Once again, let me offer you our deepest apologies for any discomfort that the referenced e-mail has caused. It will not happen again.

Sincerely,

Gray Geddie

Thanks to Mr. Geddie and to all who wrote."

1 comment:

A Cup of Jessica said...

Thhank you for sharing this