Thursday, August 17, 2006

JonBenet suspect tried to contact Ramseys

Disturbing:

NBC10.com - Local News - Audio: Accused Killer Says He Contacted Patsy Ramsey:
"In an audio interview, accused killer John Mark Karr says he contacted Patsy Ramsey before her death to say he was 'so very sorry' about JonBenet Ramsey's murder.

The audio was obtained by an AP reporter in Karr's Bangkok apartment just before police took him into custody.

'I've contacted the Ramsey family, actually before Patricia passed away. And I conveyed to her many things, among them I am so very sorry for what happened to JonBenet,' Karr says on the audio tape.

'It is important for me that everyone knows that I
love (JonBenet) very much, that her death was unintentional and it was an accident.'

Karr then repeats his claim that he contacted the Ramsey family.

'I made several efforts to communicate with Patricia before she passed away. It is my understanding that she did read my letters and she was aware of me before she passed away.'

The reporter then asked, 'What happened in the basement?'

Karr stammers and then says, 'it would take
several hours to describe that.'

The reporter asks a follow-up , 'Could
you be brief?'

'There's no way I could be brief,' Karr counters.

Atlanta attorney Lin Wood confirms Karr tried to correspond with Patsy Ramsey, in writing in the months before Ramsey died this year. He says
Mrs. Ramsey didn't reply, but that she handed the information over to investigators, and that it helped link Karr to the case."

No comments: