Friday, October 27, 2006

The Lynn Cheney lie perpetuates...

I was just driving home from the office and heard some guy filling in for Al Rantel on KABC in Los Angeles. He was trying to discuss the Jim Webb book issue (I say trying because, jeez! some of these fill-in radio guys are really not that good... I should give it a try one of these days, seriously) and he threw an off-hand remark like this: "After all, what's the big deal? Lynn Cheney wrote a book that had GRAPHIC LESBIAN SEX SCENES IN IT!"

Oh boy did he have the wrong listener sitting in my car tonight! I immediately called and got on the air with him after the break. I asked him:

"Please, elaborate on the point,"
"What's the name of the book (he couldn't find it)"
"Did you read the graphic passage you are referring to?" (He claimed he read about it in the Washington Post but he had not read any actual passage)

I calmly told him that he is an embarrassment to KABC for just repeating complete unsubstantiated lies that he either picked up from a news source or from a DNC talking point (since this info is on their web site as some kind of excuse and response to the Webb issue).

I also explained that little old me, Joe normal guy, heard about this thing, went to Google, and within 2 minutes had the scene in question right in front of me. WHY COULDN'T HE DO THAT??? Especially before broadcasting this LIE to the LA radio market???

Amateurs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)