Thursday, December 08, 2005

Up-date on Hewitt Interview with K-R's Henderson:

As noted yesterday , Hugh Hewitt had an interview yesterday with Stephen Henderson of Knight-Ridder. The transcript is now posted on Radio Blogger Here is his response regarding Hugh's challenge to him as to why he does not reveal his political leanings to his readers:
"SH: Well, it's not relevant. You know, every journalist has political beliefs, but my job is not to...I don't have a job in which I'm asked to, or expected to pursue my political beliefs through my work. My job is to report on what happens. And so, really, my personal politics, and I believe everybody's entitled to vote without telling anybody what they did. That's one of the things that I think is pretty important in this country."


Really?

As quoted at HughHewitt.com, Mr. Henderson did find it important to inject his opinion earlier in the week when being interviewed by C-Span::
"I think for example that we didn't find a single case in which Judge Alito sided with African Americans alleging racial bias, which I think, is again, rather remarkable. We found very few cases, maybe one or two, in which he sided with a woman in a gender bias case."


You think it's rather remarkable, Mr. Henderson? Why is that RELEVANT?

No comments: