Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Peggy Fox, prophetic words indeed:

Virginia Tech Magazine Feature: "Fox is not one to get a swelled head about her glamorous job. Sure, she got to wear Princess Diana's $35,000 jeweled dress for a feature a few weeks ago, but 'it's just a job,' she says. 'On television, you're always one word away from getting fired. If you slip and say something stupid on the air, it's all over.'"

Well Peggy, IT'S OVER!

As noted by Dean Barrett in today's Hugh Hewitt Blog:

"One of the panelists, a woman named Peggy Fox, asked Allen, "It has been reported your grandfather Felix, whom you were given your middle name for, was Jewish. Could you please tell us whether your forebears include Jews and, if so, at which point Jewish identity might have ended?"

The crowd booed, and rightly so. Allen responded with angry indignation, again rightly so. And, I must say, he looked good doing so. The problem with a politician as programmed as George Allen is he often appears phony. This question showed the real man, and it was the best I've seen him look during the campaign.

A few quick points of personal analysis. As a Jew, I found Fox's question profoundly offensive. Trust me, the wounded minority card is not one that I play with much frequency. But the attempt to 'tar' Allen as a Jew in a southern state was at the very least disturbing, and I actually consider it sickening. Furthermore, I think asking the question was a hanging offense professionally, and I hope whoever employs Peggy Fox has seen enough of her judgment to deeply ponder severing their relationship with her."


How can this woman keep her job?

Her bio page at the web site for the station she works for, suggests that you "Send Peggy an Email". I suggest you do so as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Peggy did a rather good job that day.